Friday, July 07, 2017

Employee Spotlight - Peg Pelletier

Q: How long have you worked at Newark Library?

A: 24 years.

Q: What made you interested in working at the library?

A: A passion for lifelong learning.

Q: Tell me one interesting or unusual fact about yourself.

A: I have a degree in Environmental Studies.

Q: What do you like to do when you're not working?

A: I work seven days a week (four of them at NPL), so there isn't a lot of "not working" time, but I like to ride my bike, work on my farm, and read.


Q: What would you do if you didn't work at the library?

A: Go insane.

Q: What is your favorite book?

A: Nope, there is no favorite book - way too many to choose from. And some not written yet...

Q: What do you enjoy most about working at the library?

A: Helping to connect people with information.

Q: As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A: A recluse.

Q: What fictional character best represents you?

A: People have told me I remind them of Anna Pigeon in the Nevada Barr series, but I don't quite see that...

Q: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

A: Africa - the birthplace of humanity.

Q: Pet peeves?

A: Are not worth wasting energy on.

Q: One thing you couldn't live without?

A: Oxygen

Q: If you were a superhero, what would your power be?

A: Invisibility.

Q: What's on your bucket list?

A: To live in the desert in an off-grid house.

Q: What is an ability you wish you had?

A: We all have so many abilities that we don't think we have, but I constantly work on being less hard on myself (usually with little success).

Q: Favorite quote?

A: "If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you." Which is often attributed to Winnie the Pooh, but was actually Christopher Robin.