Friday, June 23, 2017

Employee Spotlight - Heaven Warnica

 Heaven is Newark Public Library's Account Clerk. She is usually taking a behind the scenes role in her office, working with the numbers that make the library run smoothly. I asked Heaven a few questions to get to know her a little better.

Q: How long have you worked at Newark Library?

A: 9 months.

Q: What made you interested in working at the library?

A: I like numbers and there was an account clerk position or a library clerk position open at the time. Celeste got the library clerk position and I received the account clerk position.

Q: Tell me one interesting or unusual fact about yourself.

A: My full name is Heaven Leigh (Heavenly)

Q: What do you like to do when you're not working?

A: I work two jobs (6 days a week) looking at data all day long pertaining to Accounts Payable and Payroll so of course I like to spend money. I go shopping!!

Q: What would you do if you didn't work at the library?

A: I would start to take long walks and enjoy the outdoors more.

Q: What is your favorite book?

A: The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

Q: What do you enjoy most about working at the library?

A: The people.

Q: As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A: Math Teacher.

Q: What do you consider your greatest achievement?

A: Being independent is my greatest achievement. More people need to be independent, to question things, to be vocal. You learn so much more when you decide to take things into your own hands and not wait for, or rely on, someone else to do things for you.

Q: What fictional character best represents you?

A: I was named after a fictional character, so maybe her? My father saw something in that character to name me after her.

Q: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

A: England.


Q: Favorite song at the moment/favorite band?

A: Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles. It will always be my favorite song at the moment no matter what style of music is in.

Q: Pet peeves?

A: I like to think I don't have any. I try not to let anything bother me that much. Life's too short not to enjoy everything, even pet peeves.

Q: One thing you couldn't live without?

A: My cats.

Q: If you were a superhero, what would your power be?

A: I  honestly do not know.

Q: Who would play you in a movie?

A: Anyone who wants to.

Q: What's on your bucket list?

A: I want to go EVERYWHERE and try different foods. Foods that don't look gross!

Q: What is an ability you wish you had?

A: An ability to metabolize my food quicker :-)

Q: Favorite quote?

A: "Love is never any better than the lover." - Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)