Friday, April 14, 2017

Employee Spotlight - Lori DiSanto

Lori is another one of our clerks at the library. She can usually be seen at either the front circulation desk or down in the teen room, where she has a unique rapport with our patrons that makes it obvious how much she enjoys working with them. Lori also has a large part behind the scenes, where she makes sure that the day-to-day operations of the library run smoothly. I asked Lori a few questions, so everyone can get to know her a little bit  better.

Q: How long have you worked at Newark Library?

A: A little over two years.

Q: What made you interested in working at the library?

A: I always had a love of books, and love being surrounded by them.

Q: Tell me one interesting or unusual fact about yourself.

A: I went to a Christian school for three years.

Q: What do you like to do when you're not working?

A: Sleep, go to the thrift shop, get Mexican for lunch.


Q: What would you do if you didn't work at the library?

A: I've always wanted to own my own bookstore.

Q: What is your favorite book?

A: I don't really have a favorite book, I just like a variety of genres.

Q: What do you enjoy most about working at the library?

A: Being able to help our patrons.

Q: As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A: When I grew up, I wanted to be a doctor. And then I realized I couldn't stand the sight of blood, so that was out.

Q: What do you consider your greatest achievement?

A: Surviving living on my own.

Q: What fictional character best represents you?

A: Garfield, because he likes to sleep and eat lasagna, too.

Q: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

A: Sweden, because my pen pal that I've known for over 25 years lives there.

Q: Favorite song at the moment/favorite band?

A: Chris Stapleton, "Tennessee Whiskey". I also love anything by Hill Song United.

Q: Pet peeves?

A: People talking loudly on their phones.

Q: One thing you couldn't live without?

A: I don't think there's anything I couldn't live without. You could probably stick me in a cabin and I'd be fine.

Q: If you were a superhero, what would your power be?

A: Time travel.

Q: Who would play you in a movie?

A: Angie Harmon, because she's got an attitude, like me!

Q: What's on your bucket list?

A: I'd like to visit a place I've never been.

Q: What is an ability you wish you had?

A: I'd like to be able to speak sign language fluently.

Q: Favorite quote?

A: I can do everything through Him who gives me strength – Philippians 4:13