Friday, May 19, 2017

Employee Spotlight - Cindy Seavert

This week's employee spotlight is on Cindy. Cindy can usually be found working at the front circulation desk in the afternoons, after she finishes her first job. In addition to her regular library duties, Cindy is also a licensed notary. I asked Cindy a few questions to get to know her a little better.

Q: How long have you worked at Newark Library?

A: Three and a half years.

Q: What made you interested in working at the library?

A: I love reading.

Q: Tell me one interesting or unusual fact about yourself.

A: I've driven cross-country twice, and would do it again.

Q: What do you like to do when you're not working?

A: Hang with my family, read, and take pictures.

Q: What would you do if you didn't work at the library?

A: Relax!

Q: What is your favorite book?

A: The Harry Potter series




Q: What do you enjoy most about working at the library?

A: Seeing what the patrons take out.

Q: As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A: I wanted to be a grown up!

Q: What do you consider your greatest achievement?

A: Photobombing Mary McCombs on TV - just kidding!

Q: What fictional character best represents you?

A: Aunt Meg from Twister.

Q: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

A: Europe.

Q: Favorite song at the moment/favorite band?

A: Brantley Gilbert - Bro Code

Q: Pet peeves?

A: Someone else making me late.

Q: One thing you couldn't live without?

A: My eyesight.

Q: If you were a superhero, what would your power be?

A: I'd like to fly like Superman so that I could travel.

Q: Who would play you in a movie?

A: Susan Sarandon - she's hot at any age!

Q: What's on your bucket list?

A: Not kicking the bucket!

Q: What is an ability you wish you had?

A: To sing really well.

Q: Favorite quote?

A: None, really.